Welcome to Kalø!
"Højskolen på Kalø" is a danish folk high school located in some of the most beautiful nature in Danmark. We are surrounded by sea, forest and small hills. We offer a course in Dansk Sprog og Kultur (Danish Language and Culture) and we get students each year form all continents. We teach danish in 3-4 levels - starting from level 1 with beginners to the highest level with more advanced danish. At Højskolen på Kalø you will learn danish very fast!
Staying at Kalø means that you will live together with students from all parts of the world, and that there are plenty of opportunities for international friendships and relation-building both in classes and in the freetime.
Compulsary subjects for Dansk Sprog og Kultur:
- Listening and pronunciation
- Danish culture
Elective subjects for Dansk Sprog og Kultur: (afternoon)
- I form (Sports, crossfit, running, yoga etc)
- Outdoor (Kayaking, hiking, climbing etc)
- Art and culture (Photographing, music, drawing etc)
Long courses (12, 18 or 24 weeks)
- 1200,- DKK per week
- Materials for classes and freetime activities: 100,- DKK per week
- Excursions: 2.200,- DKK
- Field trip (3-5 days in Denmark): 400o,- DKK
Extra for single room: 250,- DKK per week
Rental of bed sheets: 150,- DKK per week
Short courses (4 weeks)
- 11.000,- DKK
- Materials for classes and freetime activities: 300,- DKK
- Field trip: 400,- DKK
- Eksta for single room: 250,- DKK per week
- Rental of bed sheets: 150,- DKK per week
If you wish to sign up for a course at Kalø. Please write us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where you provide us with your full name, date of birth, gender, email, telephone number, adress and which course you wish to sign up for. (See our calendar below) We will answer within a week and inform you about the total price and how you can pay. When we receive the money at our account, we will inform you that you are enrolled as a student at Kalø!
You are always welcome to email or call for further information and any questions. Our office is open monday to friday 9.00 AM - 2.00 PM